HandKey® II Biometric Hand Geometry Reader by Ingersoll-Rand Security Technologies
December 22, 2011 1 Comment
Biometric sample acquisition sensor type:
- Physical Access Control
- Time & Attendance
- Vendor specified: Critical Infrastructure Transportation hubs, Data centers, Construction facilities, Utility plants, Prisons, Military installations, Healthcare Facilities, Financial Institutions, Education Residence halls, Recreational facilities, Dining halls, Computer labs, Hospitality Lodging, Entertainment, Commercial Buildings, Corporate campuses
The Schlage HandKey-2 uses hand geometry to identify each user. Adding and deleting users is easy and the system can be expanded to support more users as your needs grow.
- Supports multiple credentials, including proximity, magnetic stripe, bar code, iClass and MIFARE.
- Field-installable Ethernet module.
- Outdoor enclosures available.
- Field-upgradeable and expandable memory options to support from 512 to 240,000 users.
- Three user-definable outputs to connect other devices like audible or silent alarms, door locks or lighting systems.
- Specially formulated antimicrobial coating on the platen inhibits the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew, limiting the spread of germs. Coating lasts for the life of the product.
- Blue hand outline on the platen facilitates easy enrollment and reduces errors during verification.
List of applied/complied/received standards, certification programs, awards, or conducted independent testing, monitoring, reporting, and reviews:
Availability of Return on Investment (ROI) analysis and calculator:
Selected list of use cases and customers:
- Full list here
- Washington State D.O.C.: Washington State Monitors Offenders Remotely with HandKey System
- New York City Law Department: New York City Law Department Improves Security with the Schlage Recognition Systems HandReader
- San Francisco International Airport: San Francisco International Airport Exceeds FAA Requirements with Schlage Recognition Systems HandKey
Company business type/role:
Sensor manufacturer, Algorithm developer, Device manufacturer
Geographical reach in terms of sales and support:
Selected list of partners/resellers/distributors:
Social Media channels:
Product demo, case study, or any other video or audio link: