About Swedish National Biometric Association
Sweden established Scandanavia’s first biometric association, the Swedish National Biometric Association (SNBA) in July 2004. The initiative to form Swedish National Biometric Association (non-profit organisation) on July 1, 2004 was taken by the municipality of Karlskrona, Karlskrona Innovation Center, Optimum Biometric Labs AB and Blekinge Institute of Technology.
To develop into the Swedish focal point for biometrics. One of the main purposes of the SNBA was to allow a meeting place for knowledge exchange relating to Biometrics.
- To strengthen the national knowledge of biometrics and
- To create a meeting place for the exchange of biometric knowledge, news, development and commercial applications.
- The association shall contribute to diminish the distance between the biometric industry and their end user.
- It will also work towards the arrival and usage of international standards.
- SNBA creates a meeting place that is open for companies, organisations and private persons.