Biometrics Identification on the Move System™ (BIMS)
BIMS 1.20 release
Biometric sample acquisition sensor type:
BIMS does not use any specialized biometric sensors. Type and number of sensors depend on the particular use case and application including:
- Multiple COTS DSLR cameras;
- Combined DSLR and Flash photography for non-contact fingerprint and palmprint capture;
- First in industry combined Microsoft XBox Kinect Sensor with high resolution DSLR camera for face and iris capture.
- Border management / Maritime / Ports / Civil ID
- Consumer ID
- Logical Access Control/Data or device access/Data security
- Physical Access Control
- Military ID
- Time & Attendance
- Other (Specialized applications/markets): Automated Border Clearance without the expensive e-gates; Multiple Biometric Secure Physical and Logical Access control; Next generation Surveillance Camera Analytics for watch-list checking and terrorist tracking; Commercial application for automated customer recognition, service and care; Automated time and attendance application for businesses;
Automated time and attendance for Education and day-care facilities;
BIMS is a complete turnkey solution with the biometric sensors, hardware and software components to provide detection, tracking and identification of individual in an entrance or operational environment.
BIMS is an Identification System. Built with multiple commercial off the shelf cameras for capturing fingerprints, iris and face photos in an entrance and/or hallway with the software to process the information and provide detection, tracking and identification of the individuals entering the portal.
The key innovations include:
- real-time processing of massive sensor information;
- search and match in large background database,
- incremental identification based on the progressive data capture in split seconds while the subject walking through the portal; and
- multiple biometric fusion for highly reliable identification.
List of applied/complied/received standards, certification programs, awards, or conducted independent testing, monitoring, reporting, and reviews:
All the biometric samples (fingerprints, face and Iris) are in ANSI/NIST-ITL 2007 biometrics exchange record format standard and readily available for export to any other systems. The backend BIMS services receive and processes ANSI/NIST records for populating the search databases.
Availability of Return on Investment (ROI) analysis and calculator:
The business process automation savings calculator is available and configurable for various use cases and applications.
Selected list of use cases and customers:
US Department of Homeland Security Science and technology
University of California Lab access
AFIS and Biometrics Consulting Inc.
Company business type/role:
System Integrator, Algorithm developer
Geographical reach in terms of sales and support:
Selected list of partners/resellers/distributors:
Optimum Biometric Labs (BioUptime)
Social Media channels:
Product demo, case study, or any other video or audio link: